Wednesday, April 16, 2008

When is the most fun to do Battle Grounds?



Do you like to do battle grounds? I'm not a very big fan of them or PVP in general. I am more of a casual quest-by-my-self type of a guy. However, I remember I once got addicted to the Alterac Valey and would play it for weeks non stop. Oh the exhilaration!

I still play it once in a while, but it's not as fun anymore. I was thinking about it recently, why is that?

Well for one thing, they've changed this battle ground three or more times since my "fun days" there. The game is different now, and you play and win differently. Still, that is not it.



It finally hit me recently why it use to be so much more fun. I played it when I was in my 50's. That's when you finally get the access to play in Alterac Valley battle ground, and the levels allowed are 50-59. So even in the days of pre-BC I would play with other players who would be equally geared.

You see, since I don't PVP much, i have PVE gear. A PVP geard player takes me down in a flash. That's why it's not so much fun anymore. My lack of PVP gear makes me an easy target. It was not so in my 50's, since few people had PVP gear.

So when is the most fun to play in battle grounds? I think it would be your upper 50's. The very levels we try to pass as quickly as possible to get to Outlands. Whey 50's? Well for one you have access to three battle grounds. You also don't have much twinks at this level. People will twink at 19,29 and 39, but 59? Come on, that's when you go to Outland. So no more annoing twink caracters that can take you down in a flash. Everyone is more or less equal.

Also people in their 50's will not have a lot of PVP gear. Whey waist your honor buying outdated gear, save it till you're 70, or at least 60, so everyone has PVE gear.

This kind of posts quite a dilemma. Will I level my new priest to level 58 or 59 to then make him a "twink" and do Alterac Valley? Time will only show.


0 comments: