Monday, April 28, 2008

So what's so special about leveling Shadow?



I've finally got my troll priest to the same level as my human priest, that I've shelved for now. And just for kicks I decided to respec him into shadow to get the MindFlay. Well I ran around and tried it out, and I did not like it. I was much more happy with my discipline build, and I went right back to it.

So far I've got 5 talent points in Spirit tap (that's a no brainer)

Then I got Improved Wand, and Improved shield. And boy is a good spec to grind. It realy takes the full advantage of the Spirit tap and the five second mana regeneration rule. I will usually shield, Holly fire ( love that spell), mind blast, SW:P and then just wand away. So by the time mob is dead, it hardly broke though my shield, and now spirit tap kicks in with the five sec after rule, and I'm always full on mana.

How is this great, well if another mob comes by, no problem. Two mobs come at you, no problem. Or grinding tough mobs is also not a problem. I was doing a quest involving the Quelboars and I had to kill things of level 24 and 25 (at level 21). I was too lazy to go do something else, and then come back and finish in that area. So I did some grinding those level 25 mobs without dying once! shield, heal, wand, repeat.

I also realy like the shadow guard racial ability troll priests have. I remember reading about it from someone talking about priest racial abilities and downplayed this one. Well it is very useful while you killing a tough mob. It's like an extra DoT. I love the fact also that for it to trigger you can be shielded, and it also triggers when someone hits you with a ranged attack.

So I am going discipline all the way to level 43. I'll try the shadow spec at that point again, maybe then it would be worth all the hype about Level-Your-Priest-Shadow.


0 comments: