Thursday, October 22, 2009

WoW and Windows 7



Today Windows 7 became publicly available. I just wanted to say a few words about Windows 7 and WoW. Here it is- they work great together, perhaps even better then ever.


I've been running Windows XP on my main computer for many many years. I've been playing wow for over 3 years now and will say that they ran together well enough.

Recently I got my hands on the Windows 7's final release build. I've been using it for over a month now, and wow has never worked better and smoother with Windows 7. In addition, I specifically installed the 64 bit version of Windows 7 on my PC since I have AMD 64 Athlon ( finally taking advantage of the 64 bit architecture). Through all of this, wow works great, just as smooth if not smoother as it was under Windows XP.

Just remember - you don't have to reinstall wow when you install Windows 7. Just back the whole wow folder to another drive, then just copy it back and run wow - no installation hassle.


0 comments: