Monday, October 19, 2009

Anouther one to Northrend and why I dropped Leatherworking.



Well anouther toon reaches level 68, this time my shaman - Ruadia. She's off to Northrend. I first went to Houling Fjorge, got slautered a few times and then decided to go to Borean Tundra instead. So far did a few quests.


What I'm really working on right now is Mining and Jewelcrafting. Yes, I've droped my level 370 leatherworking and my 375 skinning. I did not find leatherworking that exiciting or reawarding in outlands. It was just a pain, and then I found market flooded with other leatherworking pieces other people were leveling with. Just not much market. When I leveled BlackSmithing on my paladin there
was tons of market for plate. Leather/Mail is just not the same :(
So I went back to level one of Mining/Jewelcrafting. And after a weekend of nonstop mining (pain) I got my mining over 300 and JC is at 285. Now the pain of mining in outlands.

One key i found when you get over 260 in JC is don't smelt all your thorium, keeping in ore and prospect it for gems.

Oh and here is a pic or two of me mining. Notice Khorium vein. I found three of them in low level zones withing 15 mins. Why is it you always find a rare vein when you can't mine it!.


0 comments: