Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Your WoW Life vs Your Real Life



While clearing out the mail boxes on my bank alts, I was thinking to my self - Wow! What a mess. It seems that it never goes away. The more I try to organize it the more it seems to become more disorganized. Then I through back to my room, my office space, my clothes in the closet. Here is the thing, they are all in the same "state".


So when it comes to my organizational skills in WoW, whether it would be the mailboxes, or the my character's bank space it's all as disorganized as the real space in my life. I usually stick things somewhere, to get them out of sigh and out of mind. I do that for a while until I need to find something.

Just to clarify, I hope you know that you can use an alt as a "bank". Just mail a bunch of stuff to your other character, and it will sit there for 30 days in the mail box.

I do try to clean up and get organized. however, I do it in batches. So in between those batches of cleaning, chaos slowly seeps back into my "organizational system".

So, my virtual life can mimic my real life, is it possible to acquire new and better habits in the virtual world, and then apply them to the real world? Can I learn to organize my bank space and keep it organized and them apply that to my closet? I certainly picked up some understanding about economy observing the AH and trade skills in WoW.

Meanwhile, it's back to orgnizing my mailboxes. Let my mantra be - eliminate, eliminte, eliminate. I have a habit of holding on tho things just in case I might need it, or just in case I might sell it in AH. No more! Some crap that noone wants anyways will be vendored, along with all the armor that I've been keeping for nostalgic reasons.

Spring cleaning is due before the expansion comes out! Oh yea, and I guess I got to go pull fall and winter clothes out in my real closet as well. Sheesh, whey there is only 24 hours in a day?


0 comments: