Thursday, August 21, 2008

Why I love Paladins more and more



I've been leveling my Paladin a bit, and I'm quite enjoying him. He's already at level 28, and I can't wait to get my mount at 30. However, in this post I'd like to mention why I love pallys when I group with them.

Salvation - Can you say shoot without worrying about threat? As a decently T4 geared warlock I get spoiled with this pally buff. If I'm in a 5 man, or god forbid Kara without a pally, not having this buff really rally gimps my DPS because just by casting all my DoTs my threat jumps a lot. You should see me begging for this buff all the time.


Tough love heals - There are some situations where pally's high armor and also their bubble ability really shines. We were doing the first boss of Mount Hijal and a pally was the last healer standing because he was able to bubble out of the frost spell first boss shoots at non-tanking mobs.

Paladin tank is the best thing ever doing heroics. It makes CC less needed, and also makes mistakes less lethal. And did I mention salvation? Plus you can bring a druid to heal, since you can soul stone paladin for the wipe protection.

These are just a few awesome things a paladin brings to the group. It makes me so much more exited to level my own paladin and have an opportunity to be a healer or a tank or dps that's different from my Lock. Plus I find that I can solo many things that I could not solo with my druid or mage. I am looking forward getting him to 70 and then to play with all the changes in Wrath to 80.


0 comments: