Wednesday, May 7, 2008

What are some of your favorite WoW zones?



The the "world" in World of Warcraft is really that - it's a world.  The game is huge as far as the territories and places it contains.  With the addition of Outland and also the new Blood elf island it keeps getting bigger.  So what is you favorite zone?  What's the least favorite one?

When I just started to play WoW i used to love running around exploring new zone once I got to that level.  Since most of this was done pre-mount it took a long time, and was one of the reasons it took me forever to level my first toon to 70.  It was just so cool and interesting.  I do less of it now, since it's all about leveling quickly and efficiently.  Still, there are zones I like more and others that I like less.

Besides the different theme, each zone very often also has it's own theme music and it's own unique feel.  One of my favorite zones in Outland, for example, is the Zangarmarsh.  I love the colors, the theme, and the music it has. It's very calm and tranquil.

One of the zones that I enjoy looking at, but hate playing in is Ashenvale.  Main reason being that is so hard to get around.  You look at the map and it seems easy to get from point A to point B.  But then you find out that there are all of these terrain obstacles and you got to go around. And usually by running around in that manner you run into tons and tons of Mobs, usually beasts.  I get very frustrated in that zone.

What's your experience like?


0 comments: